Two thousand people and the biggest town in the county, gone with the coal
A coal town about 11 miles north of Thermopolis, laid out in 1907 alongside the camps at Crosby and Kirby, and named for Samuel Wilford Gebo, who came down from Canada and opened the first mine in the area for the Owl Creek Coal Company. At its height more than 2,000 people lived here, mostly miners and their families, which briefly made it the biggest town in the county. The mining ran until 1938 and the town went with it.
Other places on the map within a couple of hours of here.